In October 2015 I took up an Account Manager position at one of the UK’s leading Search Marketing Agencies, Click Consult. The role requires maintaining and developing client relationships, reviewing account performance and ensuring client objectives are met.
Online Marketing Executive
June 2012-September 2015
Formerly an Online Marketing Executive with Liverpool-based Digital Agency Webrevolve. Initially employed as an in-house copywriter, the role progressed and evolved overtime to incorporate the management of SEO campaigns for a wide range of clients – located both nationally and in the US.
Clean Sheets All Round
Editor and Co-Founder of Clean Sheets All Round – a website developed from scratch with a fellow university graduate. The website was dedicated to football rumours, gossip and debate. Responsibilities included managing advertising revenue alongside recruiting and managing a collection of contributors. Over 8.2m visits in a 12 month period.
Assistant Web Developer
Responsibilites involved constructing a weekly e-newsletter, making html changes to websites within the Snack portfolio, graphic and logo design, helping build new websites through WordPress and communicating with colleagues remotely.
Betting Content Writer
In August 2011, I was selected as a football betting writer for Bwin. In a highly competitive application process, I was delighted to be offered the opportunity to extend my writing skills further by working with such a recognised and respected name.
Football Match Reporter
Towards the end of 2010, a weekend position was secured at the Press Association to write football match reports. Among the reports produced – working against a tight deadline – two of the write-ups featured in the Sunday Mirror newspaper. At the end of the session, I was informed by the recruitment manager that I had been successful in the content I had produced and I would be called upon as part of a covering team.
Big Brother Reporter
Working as part of a writing team that covered the Channel 4 programme Big Brother. Reporters were required to provide minute-by-minute updates alongside developing interesting and relevant news items in an swift turnover time in order for them to be published to the Digital Spy website.
Emergency Services News
Taken on the payroll after successful spell during a university work placement.
Roles and duties included;
• Researching and writing daily editorial updates for the ES News site
• Sourcing and editing appropriate images for the site
• Interviewing members of the public for ‘vox pops’ to feature on the ‘State of Britain’ section of the website
• Calling third party organisations to gather content for the website (press releases / statements / statistics etc)
A self-appointed two-week work experience role with MATCH!
Football Magazine. Roles and duties included;
• Learning and adjusting to a different style of written work, specifically aimed at a younger age bracket
• Applying new style to written responses to public feedback in publication
• Writing and updating content for web page
• Independent research for future additions of magazine